It’s just another meal prep Sunday, that’s my fun day! My I don’t have to run day, though I snuck in a quick shoulder workout. I normally don’t exercise on Sundays, but I am just now able to exercise and I wanted to start right away. In addition to meal prepping, my workouts for the week are planned on Sundays.
I decided to do a small grocery haul on Sunday morning rather than Saturday because it’s tax-free weekend. I needed to replenish a few items from Super Target and Kroger.The stores can be crazy with people trying to buy back to school items.
So, I broke the golden rule of thou shall not go grocery shopping hungry and bought way more than I needed. My grocery bill is always way over budget, I need to seriously work on cutting down and chop my own veggies.
- Prep for 4-5 days
- Make extra meat & freeze it, (blackened salmon below)
- prepare easy to grab food like fruit, popcorn, & nuts
- Drink a protein shake when still hungry
- Eat 5-6 times a day
- Consume 1400-1800 calories
- Consume more carbs on Crossfit and leg day
- Eat a wide variety of foods
- Measure & portion out my food
- Use a pre-workout
- Take vitamins & supplements
- Veggie egg white frittata & diced potatoes
- Protein powder oatmeal porridge (flax & chia seeds)
- Mixed Fruit
- Boiled eggs
- Homemade vanilla protein popcorn
- Protein shake
- Blackened salmon, lemon-lime chicken, and ground turkey taco with black beans.
- Cabbage, asparagus, mixed peppers,broccoli & cauliflower, romaine lettuce.
- Cauliflower flower crust veggie pizza
- Naked black bean burgers
- Tea & more tea
I get my fats from coconut oil, nuts, and avocados. Around Thursday, I’ll make shrimp stir fry with cauliflower rice and naked black bean burgers. I cook no more than 2 or 3 times a week, cooking really isn’t my thing. Give meal prepping a try.
Keep it simple and don’t try to reduce or eliminate everything all at once. I mean don’t go low carb, calorie, gluten-free, low sodium, raw, vegan, dairy and sugar-free all at once. I found being to strict initially can cause you to binge later, eating healthy is a continuous process that I am still learning.