Hopefully, I can go back to the gym in 2 weeks, after my follow-up appointment. I really pray I don’t have a small tear. Unfortunately, my body still wakes up at 4:30 to head to the gym. I’ve had a lot of time to reflect and understand why I love finishing my workout by 6:00am. I started a new job, working late, meetings, and errands have kept me working late even if I could exercise, I would be too tired. My car would drive straight home because my energy is basically gone and my mental clarity isn’t there for an evening workout. I love working out in the morning for many reasons, most of them are selfish.
The gym is…
- virtually empty, I don’t have to fight over a machine
- usually cleaner, the staff is there cleaning
- it sets my tone for the day
- my workout is completed, evenings something seems to always comes up or I’m just too tired.
- The people appear to have more gym etiquette
- I can leave my towel on the equipment
- You know mostly everyone
- People say hi and keep moving, small talk is minimal we have to get to work
I am a morning person, but you should exercise whenever you can. Mornings just work best for me and it really sets the tone for my day. I can leave my towel on a machine, utilize multiple areas of the gym without someone changing my weights, and usually there are less than 10 people there before 4:30. I feel like I can focus on exercising and don’t have to waste time hunting down weights. It is my me time before the hustle of the day. Exercise whenever you can, but when do you prefer to workout?