I couldn’t resist a bowl of oatmeal this morning. Pumpkin oatmeal is a kind of fall treat for me. The flavor is quite wonderful and comforting. As I was meal prepping my house smelled wonderful like cinnamon and pumpkin. You’d think I was baking a sweet potato pie.
I’m no chef, but I like to think I am. So, I just made my oatmeal according to the package with just a little more water because I add protein powder once it is finished cooking. Also, once it is finished I add the pumpkin, milk, and more cinnamon and turn it on low. You can add liquid egg whites, ground chia, and flaxseeds for more fiber and protein.
You can really make this recipe to suit your taste. Give it a try it’s really yummy and filling.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup of Libby Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup of old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Cinnamon and pumpkin spice ( I just shake)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened vanilla cashew almond milk