Do you wake up feeling the same way you went to bed, blah or sad? Have you ever wondered how to release the weight of the world and set your day up for mental success? Well you’re in luck! I’ve come to know that technology is wonderful, but it can sometimes rob you of sleep and peace.
What if I told you one easy way to boost your mood immediately. and set your day up for success is to avoid certain aspects of going online, checking your phone, or reading the news first thing in the morning. I developed an awful habit over the past year of of checking my phone and email immediately upon waking up. I’d head to the gym, and after working out come home, and watch the news while getting ready for work.
However, I noticed a change in my ability to handle challenges throughout the day. I felt as if the weight of the world was upon my shoulders, and I didn’t have the right tools to fix the problem. My mind and spirit wasn’t being nourished with the right metaphorical food to set up my day. I wasn’t renewing my mind with the right nourishment, but was giving my mind the equivalent of a unhealthy fatty meal and expecting long term energy to fuel my day.
Life will throw you curve balls, and I truly know that no man knows what tomorrow will bring, so it is essential to start your day off right. I was tired of being ill equipped and not having the mental stamina to deal with things, as they came along throughout the day positively or in peace. If you want to feel better instantly, try some of these practical tips for starting your day right. The world can wait an extra 10 minutes.
Tips for Setting Your Day Up for Success
- Read the Bible, a motivational book, or any other inspirational source, your mind needs mental food.
- Listen to music that inspires you and motivates you
- Journal & drink tea
- Getting in touch with nature or sitting out on your deck or patio
- Eating a healthy breakfast and actually having the time to sit down and enjoy it
- Use Words of Affirmations, it’s okay to talk to yourself
- Spend time doing something you enjoy
- Don’t rush to get ready
- Essential oils before bed and waking up (my favorites are chamomile & lemongrass)
Please feel free to share any tips you have about starting you day right.