Did you know that the thirteen colonies declared their independence from the British on the 2nd of July, not the 4th? Many of you know the 4th of July aka Independence day, as a federal holiday in the United States celebrating our independence.
However, this year it has taken on a deeper meaning with the current state of affairs in the United States , all over the world, and losing an irreplaceable pastor. I chose to enjoy the independence and freedom I have left. The Declaration of Independence states “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
The words life and the pursuit of happiness are very profound together. Are you living your best life? What habits or people are preventing you from being free? Do you know what you need to declare independence from? Stop and ponder these questions for a moment. If you are stuck check out some questions below to get you started. Once you have a few ideas write your own Declaration of Independence and look at it frequently.
One step Closer to Happiness:
- How do you feel most of the time?
- If you could have or change something instantly what would it be?
- What is something you need to stop doing?
- What is something you need to eliminate? (people, habits, etc.)
- What is your relationship like? (people, food, drugs, etc.)
- How do you contribute to the life and happiness of others?
- What is one thing you wish you had more time for?
- What is one thing you are most proud of?
Happy 4th of July & Independence Day!