Do you ever feel like life is passing you by and there isn’t enough time to pursue what you really want in life. You would love to have a couple of hours everyday to pursue your passions and dreams.
This makeover Monday, I am going to teach you practical ways to makeover your week and save time for yourself. Do you spend most of your weekdays wishing you had more time for yourself during the week? Are you frustrated with the feeling of getting home with just enough time to eat and go to bed. Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 lyrics really paint the picture of most of our realities, except 9 to 5 has moved from 8 hours to 10 hour days for most of us.
Tumble outta bed
And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawnin’ and stretchin’ and try to come to life
Jump in the shower
And the blood starts pumpin’
Out on the streets
The traffic starts jumpin’
With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5
Dolly Parton 9 to 5
I like you, know how hard it is during the week to get a moment to yourself. You get up early head to work, and 10 hours later arrive home with enough time to scarf down food or put your kids to bed. If you want more time for yourself don’t wish for it, achieve it now with these 10 easy steps.
10 Steps to Reclaim Time during the week
- Prepare your meals on Saturday or Sunday for the week
- Pick for your clothes for the week
- Pack your belongings the night before
- Do strategic planning, keep a checklist of all task
- Group and complete similar task together on the same day
- Order groceries online and do site to store pick up
- Pick or clean up immediately after yourself
- Set reminders in your phone, and fill keep a planner
- Allocate one of your lunch periods for errands ( i.e. manicure, paying bills, etc.)
- Enjoy me time in the morning ( exercise, pray, meditate, etc.)
Sundays and one day a week like a Wednesday are my errands and prep days. This means on Sundays I create my to do lists for the week, cook my meals, pick out my clothes, and decide what needs to get done ahead of time in order for me to create some time for myself. On Wednesdays, I will get my eyebrows or a manicure during my lunch break. My goal is to get out of the habit of working through my lunch breaks, and doing things that I need do for myself.