Don’t let oatmeal fool you into thinking it is boring and your mothers breakfast food. It really is awesome pantry staple. It contains soluble fibers that help lower cholesterol and insoluble fiber that provides that prevents your bowels from being clogged up. Not only does it have health benefits its relatively inexpensive and can be used to make cookies, and many other recipes.
The beauty of oatmeal is that you can add just about anything to it, and tailor it to your taste buds. I prefer to add egg whites or protein powder at the end of cooking, to get more protein. If your in a hurry you can make it the night before.
Berry-licious Oatmeal Bowl
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 3-4 strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons of blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 of a banana cut in slices
- Cinnamon to taste
- tablespoon of honey
- optional banana extract
- optional back of stevia
- Cook oatmeal according to directions.( Use a little bit more water or unsweetened almond milk, you will need it when you add the protein powder)
- More than halfway through cooking add protein powder, stevia, cinnamon,and extract
- Move oatmeal to a bowl, add all the fruit,sprinkle with chia seeds, and drizzle honey over the top. ( I like to stir my oatmeal.
- Optional: If using frozen fruit, place a top or plate over the oatmeal for 3-4 minutes, so it will soften the frozen fruit.
Oatmeal is perfect for veterans and newbies engaging in a healthy eating lifestyle, so give it a try. Also, leave a comment on some of your favorite oatmeal recipes.